Winbox for Mac
I have complied “Winbox” by MikroTik with Wine in order to make it usable on Mac. Download one of the versions below (I recommend the newest). You can run the app from anywhere but I recommend moving it to your Applications folder. Let me know if you have any issues.
Having qualified as 100% adware and spiware free, older versions of Winbox for Mac are available for download from Softpedia.
You can use the tools bar to up check for updates to update to the current version of winbox before connecting to a router.
I recorded a video on an easy to manage files because drag and drop isn't reliable. https://bit.ly/Winbox4MacCopy
- Before connecting to a router, from the tools menu, use the "Check for Updates" option.
- If this fails you can
- Right click the application icon from finder
- Choose "Show Package Contents"
- Navigate to Contents/Resources/ from within the application
- Replace the winbox64.exe with one downloaded from MikroTik.
*** Note the update instructions in red text above ***
This is not a signed package, you will have to right click the application and choose open the first time.
If upgrading, you can backup your saved managed sessions from tools export but be sure to save them to a location outside of the application because overwriting the applicaiton will replace the entire winbox environment. When exporting be sure to go back to the / then find the path to your user profile.
Keep in touch
Old Downloads - for the occasion that the current is uncool.
- Winbox v3.18
- Winbox v3.17
- Winbox v3.11 with fixes for High Sierra (BETA)
- Winbox v3.11 for Mac (El Capitan & Sierra Compatible)
- Winbox v3.9 for Mac (El Capitan & Sierra Compatible)
- Winbox v3.7 for Mac (El Capitan & Sierra Compatible)
- Winbox v3.6 for Mac (El Capitan Compatible)
- Winbox v3.4 for Mac (El Capitan Compatible)
- Winbox v3.0 for Mac (El Capitan Compatible)
- Winbox v3.0 Release Candidate 12 for Mac
- Winbox v3.0 Release Candidate 1 for Mac
- Winbox v3.0 beta 3 for Mac
- Winbox v2.2.18 for Mac